Website Crimson Limited
Interim Head of Technical Services – 12m FTC- Kingston Upon Thames
Interim Head of Technical Services required for an established company to be responsible for providing strong leadership, guidance, and development across three teams of technical specialists to ensure that directorate priorities are established, and strategic targets are met.
The role currently has responsibility for the following teams:
- Hosting and Workspace Platforms (Datacentre, Infrastructure and End User Computing)
- Cyber Security
- Network and Telephony
The ideal candidate for this role will have worked within a senior management role previously, be capable of leading large teams along with strong technical skills. In return for your skills the company offers a great team environment, flexible working and an excellent benefits package including 35 days holiday plus bank holidays.
Please note this is a FTC with an initial term of 12 months.
- Responsible for providing motivational and strong leadership and ensuring workforce and workload planning within the Technical Services section, considering the wider I&TS Department; this will include recruitment, regular appraisals and staff development encouraging staff to develop expertise across new technology areas
- Responsible for the operational management and maintenance of the core IT infrastructure and services which includes end-point provisioning, compute, storage, backup, VDI, cloud, voice, networking, and security and, to ensure that these service areas meet or exceed industry standards and act as the source of specialist leadership at the highest level for institutional investments and plans
- Work with the Head of Technical Services to monitor and manage the operational budget of ~£4million PA including financial planning and forecasting. In addition, Input into the wider departmental budget planning and digital investments
- Drive cost efficiencies and value for money with technologies, vendors, and partners
- Produce regular service and team performance reports to drive informed decision making and continuous improvement
- Responsible for strategic relationships with key suppliers to drive continuous improvements including technology developments and sourcing opportunities where practical to enhance overall services for the company.
- Working with the senior IT leadership team to ensure robust processes are in place for changes and new developments of services are fully communicated and that full change and release procedures are in place before going into production.
- Working with Service Management, you will lead the development and implementation of SLAs ensuring that ITIL processes are adhered to and that services are delivered in an efficient and effective manner.
- ITIL V3 Foundation or equivalent relevant experience.
- Project Management qualification e.g. Prince 2, MSP, PMP qualified or significant project management experience or equivalent experience of 2 or more years.
- In depth technical experience or knowledge of datacentre infrastructure or cloud technologies such as, VMware vSphere and Horizon, Citrix, Azure, AWS, Azure AD, Active Directory, Hyper-Converged Infrastructure, Compute, Backup and Storage
- In depth technical experience or knowledge of End User Computing technologies.
- In depth technical experience or knowledge of Network and Voice technologies such as, load balancers (e.g. Citrix NetScaler), Firewalls, switches, routers, VOIP, Unified Communications and wireless networks.
- In depth technical experience or knowledge of Security technologies, principles and concepts such as Firewalls, NAC, cloud security, Microsoft EMS, endpoint and datacentre protection.
- Proven experience of developing, leading and motivating a high performing technical team within a large complex environment.
- Strong management and leadership skills with the ability to create an effective working environment, along with the management, development, and motivation of staff.
- Experience of leading and implementing large, complex organisational change programmes.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of Server and Storage technologies including physical and virtual environments
The salary my client is offering is between £55,000 and £66,000 per annum depending on experience.
Do you know anyone that might be interested in this role? Refer a friend for this role to earn £250 worth of vouchers.
Crimson is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy.
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.