Website Crimson Limited
Cyber Security Engineer – Cyber/Security/FinTech – London – Central London
An opportunity has arisen for a Cyber Security Engineer to join a fast growing FinTech scale up company with financial backing behind them. This is an opportunity to work directly for the CTO along with progression plans to become a Lead Cyber Security Engineer in the coming years. The role will be centralised around protecting and defending the clients expanding range of digital services accessible to millions of users. This is an exciting opportunity to apply and enhance your existing skills related to protecting cloud-based services, APIs, Mobile Apps, and Responsive Web applications and connections to trusted third-parties and partners.
Key elements of the role
- Proactively monitoring and ensuring we are detecting and intercepting / blocking attempted intrusion
- Selecting, implementing and utilising tools relevant to protect on-premise, hosted and cloud-based services and data
- Ensuring we remain compliant with industry, relevant security practices, concerns and regulations
- Ensuring our information security standards are maintained and enhanced in line with practices prevalent across Fintech / financial services and based on advice and guidance from government organisations in the UK and elsewhere including GCHQ, NSA, NCA, SOCA, Action Fraud, City of London Police and others
- Working with the CTO to keep abreast of industry trends and security practices with respect to self sovereign identity, current and successor GDPR, current and successor PSD regulations pertaining to security and identity practices
- Post-secondary degree in computer science or related field or a combination of related experience and education.
- Understanding of available security tools
- Be able to articulate and demonstrate a structured approach relating to how you monitor and identify latest attack vectors, actors and exploits
- Experience achieving or working within an environment that uses or is working to achieve ISO 27001 and other related standards
- Commissioning, managing and automating ongoing and periodic penetration tests and carrying out system hardening activities in response to findings
- Knowledge of the OWASP Top 10 web application security risks and how to minimize them
- Understanding of Firewalls, Anti-Virus, DLP solutions, Vulnerability management systems and SIEMs (Desirable)
Cyber Security Engineer – Cyber/Security/OWASP/ FinTech – London – Central London
If you’re seeking a new challenge for a growing and cool FinTech company who offer some amazing benefits then please send your CV to Gary Wills in the first instance.
Crimson are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this position
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.