Website Crimson Limited
Data Manager – MS SQL Server / SSIS / Data Engineering – Brighton
Data Manager / Head of Data required to for work for an established organisation based in Brighton to join their new Digital Data and Technology team.
You will come on board to provide expert leadership, advice and guidance in order to build the data awareness across the business to advance their Digital agenda. You will also be involved in building the data engineering capability, providing both technical expertise and strategic direction.
The successful candidate will lead and enable the Data Engineering team to deliver robust, effective data products and services for the organisation, continuously ensuring best practice.
- Developing effective, resilient, and future-proof data services to meet evolving needs, ensuring adherence to quality standards and best practice. Forecasting and advising on technological developments that present opportunities for the Trust.
- Leading on data design, development and management.
- Identifying and using appropriate analytical tools and techniques to translate and synthesise data into meaningful insights to inform decision making. Supporting services to apply a range of techniques for data profiling, integrating data and system analysis.
- Supporting the development of a range of reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Designing, writing, and iterating code from prototype to production-ready, using a range of coding tools and languages. Ensuring accessibility, security, and version control.
- Taking technical responsibility for software development projects, providing method-specific technical advice and guidance. Defining standards for programming tools and techniques and selecting appropriate development methods, advising on their application and ensuring compliance.
- Planning, evaluating, implementing and reviewing projects and initiatives.
- Participating in the planning and delivery of training on digital systems to internal and external stakeholders.
Key Skills Required:
- Extensive senior information management experience
- Previous experience of managing and maintaining a data warehouse within a large organisation
- Able to establish strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders across all levels
- Strong background of Database Administration for MS SQL Server
- Qualifications or equivalent experience in Oracle, SQL Server, VB.net or other relevant systems
- In-depth knowledge and experience of using Microsoft technologies including SQL, TSQL, SQL Server, SSIS, ETL, MS Visual Basic / C#
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MS SQL Server
- Experience in use of QlikView and/ or other Business Intelligence Tools
- High level skills in troubleshooting and resolving database issues
- Performance Tuning and Optimisation (PTO) using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Background of working within the Healthcare Sector is highly desirable
- Experience equivalent to a Master’s level qualification in Computing / IT related subject
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
Interested?!? Please send your up to date CV to Vicki Smith at Crimson for review.
Not interested?! Do you know anyone that might be? Refer a friend for this role to earn £250 worth of vouchers. http://info.crimson.co.uk/referafriend
Crimson are acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy.
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.