Website Crimson Limited
Head of Architecture & Design – Birmingham / Flexible Working
Head of Architecture & Design required to for work for a national organisation to lead the design, development and delivery of high-quality IT systems and strategy across the business.
You will be responsible for ensuring the organisation have the required capabilities of Service Design and Technical architecture. As well as providing expert leadership, developing and inspiring the architectural & design department and assuring best practice standards are set and maintained at all times.
- Overall responsibility for leading the Architecture and Design Function. Maturing the capabilities of the function and maintaining enough capacity to meet business demand.
- To be accountable for informing and governing the development and delivery of the agile Enterprise Architecture including the Architecture and Solution Building Blocks.
- Budget planning & forecasting of the Enterprise Architecture, to identify risks and analyse potential impact.
- Defining an agile Enterprise Architecture Framework, including strategic domain architecture and roadmaps for implementation of the Platform, Product and Services.
- Leading technology and vendor selection processes, supporting governance processes through assessment of architecture alignment with the business’s strategy.
- Leading the Architectural & Design department; sharing knowledge and expertise in the practice of User Centric Design, Enterprise Architecture, associated practices and building an architecture community fully aware of business strategy and guidelines
- To be responsible for collaborating with business stakeholders to develop the IT strategy and the associated sub-strategies, artefacts and plans.
Key Skills Required:
- Extensive experience of developing and leading an Architecture and Design function end to end within a complex or highly regulated environment
- Excellent Enterprise Architecture experience
- Platform and Product based approach when defining and driving architect frameworks
- Strong background of driving Agile and Lean practices within a team
- Ability to build strong relationships with various stakeholders across all levels
- Knowledge of IT Operating Model best practice, development and implementation methods and approach
- Experience of delivering digital transformations
- Able to convert to modern IT strategies and architectures
- Background of collaborating IT with the business and translating technical to business terms
- High level supplier and vendor management skills
- Ability to design IT systems for use across multiple services and identify the most effective approach
- Understanding of capability maturity model integration, process and behavioural models in the context of Architecture and Design
- Experience of sharing and using the best practice User Centric Design to keep teams informed and on track to deliver the best possible project outcome
- Exposure to using a variety of methods of prototyping
- Knowledge of Microsoft Stack technologies including Azure
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
Interested?!? Please send your up to date CV to Vicki Smith at Crimson for review.
Not interested?! Do you know anyone that might be? Refer a friend for this role to earn £250 worth of vouchers. http://info.crimson.co.uk/referafriend
Crimson are acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy.
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.