Website Crimson Limited
Head of Information Governance – INSIDE IR35/Data/AI – Burton upon Trent/Remote
Inside IR35 / Umbrella – £650 – £750 (all inclusive day rate) which may be subject to change depending on applicable legislation or solution through which services are performed.
Head of Information Governance required for a leading organisation based in Burton upon Trent. You will be responsible for advising on governance, technical, regulatory competence, best practice and ensuring the business has the tools to meet their required standards in line with relevant legislation. You will also be required to advise on Data Protection and Data Privacy and will need to manage the Information Governance function within the company, as well as developing and implementing the Group’s data sharing strategy, counter fraud strategy and operational plan.
A healthcare or pharmaceutical background would be highly desirable.
Key Skills and Responsibilities of the Role:
- Evangelize information management, security strategies and programmes internally and externally.
- Develop and lead the Information Governance Strategy and enhance the company’s global data and privacy program, ensuring all are compliant with GDPR.
- Offer pragmatic advice on the implementation of a records management policy across the business and set out recommended minimum periods for retention for all types of records, regardless of the media on which they are held.
- Provide specialist advice and support across the business particularly in relation to the successful development of the company’s artificial intelligence and machine learning activities, ensuring compliance with all data protection and privacy laws and regulations in the UK and the business in Europe.
- Prepare and present reports and data for the Executive team monthly, and for Group Boards, reporting on key findings and learnings, update on any risk issues and progress made and make recommendations to help inform business decisions.
- Lead the development and delivery of training and awareness programmes to support Information Governance including core training materials for use in staff inductions, re-fresher training, and mandatory and e-learning training for existing staff.
- Work closely with the IT department to ensure the safety and security of data, cyber security, and to support the attainment of ISO 27001 across the business.
- Ensure adherence to policies relating to accuracy, quality, storage, and appropriate sharing of information both internally and externally; ensuring third parties have dataflow descriptions that allows data to be exchanged securely.
- Develop the company’s counter fraud strategy, ensuring implementation and that audit programmes are working effectively and reported to the Board and Audit Committee.
- Ensure that there are effective mechanisms in place for reporting and managing data subject access requests and data breaches, and any serious untoward incidents relating to information.
Interested!?! Please send your up to date CV to Kate Sadler at Crimson for immediate review
Not interested?! Do you know anyone that might be? Refer a friend for this role to earn £250 worth of vouchers.
Crimson are acting as an employment business in regards to this vacancy.
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.