Website Crimson Limited
Head of Portfolio – Birmingham / Flexible Working
Head of Portfolio required to for work for a national organisation on a cutting edge programme of work to lead the governance and delivery of the business’s IT portfolio of programmes, projects and small change items delivering change as well as their IT platforms, products and services.
The ideal candidate will be a collaborative IT leader with extensive stakeholder management experience and a background in implementing and maturing a true IT portfolio in a highly governed organisation.
- Overall responsibility for providing leadership and direction for the IT Portfolio team, across various capabilities, to ensure successful delivery of IT Programmes across the business
- Accountable for developing, implementing, and governing the IT Portfolio governance methodology and framework and associated tooling
- Forecast and manage demand for IT portfolio, operational services and change items, ensure they are appropriately tracked and managed, and that the supply of IT resources is matched
- Leading the development and adoption of the IT Portfolio Governance Framework (e.g. IT Steering Group,) ensuring decisions on scope, risk, time and cost are appropriately discharged
- Collaborating with other heads of function, to lead the development and adoption of IT governance across IT and the business
- Accountable for the development and use of the IT Portfolio – communication strategy: communicating IT operational services and change items
Key Skills Required:
- Extensive experience of developing, implementing and maturing an IT Portfolio within a complex or highly regulated environment
- Ability to successfully lead teams through the full product life cycle
- Experience of mobilising and delivering enterprise portfolio optimisation
- Strong collaborating experience of managing suppliers and vendors
- Ability to successfully engage with businesses and IT around the introduction of new technologies and services
- Background of driving Agile and Lean practices within a team
- Able to build strong relationships with various stakeholders across all levels
- Adhere to governance but still be able to drive innovation within an organisation
- Knowledge of change governance and methodologies i.e. MoP, SAFe, MSP, PRINCE2, MoR and APMBoK
- Knowledge of delivery governance and methodologies, their implications and how they can be integrated in an IT portfolio of change
- Digital technology trends and the opportunities they bring
- Understanding of IT Operating Model best practice development and implementation methods
- Knowledge of Microsoft Stack technologies including Azure
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
Our client is offering a competitive salary and benefits package, depending on experience, for this position.
Interested?!? Please send your up to date CV to Vicki Smith at Crimson for review.
Not interested?! Do you know anyone that might be? Refer a friend for this role to earn £250 worth of vouchers. http://info.crimson.co.uk/referafriend
Crimson are acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy.
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.