Website Crimson Limited
Infrastructure Engineer – Midlands / Flexibe
Infrastructure / logistics / cloud / networking / office 365 / 3PL / WAN / LAN / Hosting / Support / 3rd Line Support
Infrastructure Engineer required for a leading logistics company based in the Midlands to be responsible for owning and managing an area of IT infrastructure ensuring it is fit for purpose. Along with working closely with internal/external IT infrastructure suppliers to implement technology roadmaps aligned to the future business and technology strategies and contributing to the development and future direction of those roadmaps.
The ideal candidate for this role would come from a Infrastructure background and be fully capable of hands on Infrastructure support, providing 3rd and 4th line support to the IT Service Engineering team as required and contribute to the overall development of that function.
This role offers flexible working with travel to a Midlands based office when needed.
- To own and manage an area of IT infrastructure from one of the following, while being knowledgeable and experienced enough to provide a suitable overlap into one or more of the other areas.
- Wintel & Cloud (Private & Public Cloud services inc. Microsoft365, Microsoft Server OS, IIS, Backup)
- Networks & Security (WAN, LAN, WLAN, Perimeter & Endpoint Security)
- IBM iSeries (Co-Lo Hosting, LPAR, OS, Mimix, Backup)
- End user computing (workstation, peripherals, operational equipment)
- Work with suppliers to ensure suitable monitoring and alerting is in place in areas such as capacity, performance, security with appropriate communications and escalation processes as required.
- Ensure server patching regimes are in place and executed to plan with suitable assurance reports being made available for stakeholder review.
- Undertake root cause analysis for major incidents, participate in active problem resolution and ensure change management processes are adhered to.
- Ensure new IT infrastructure solutions are transitioned into BAU service effectively working with suppliers and the wider IT Infrastructure & Service Delivery team.
- Extensive Engineering experience in one of the areas referred to above with associated technical accreditations and qualifications.
- Experience at management level within IT infrastructure.
- A highly effective communicator with a focus on the end customer.
- A problem solver who displays high levels of resilience and has a passion for achieving the right outcomes.
- Excellent planning and prioritisation skills.
- Capable of generating accessible documentation and sharing knowledge across the wider IT team.
- Experience of working in a 3PL/fulfilment/warehousing background would be advantagous but not nessesary
The salary my client is offering for this position is between £40,000 and £50,000 (plus benefits) depending on experience.
Interested?! Send your up to date CV to Claire Ingram at Crimson for review
Not interested?! Do you know anyone that might be? Refer a friend for this role to earn £250 worth of vouchers.
Crimson are acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.