Website Crimson Limited
IT Application Manager – Application/Housing/SQL – Walsall
The IT Applications Manager will be responsible for the full lifecycle of all applications, including the integration of new technologies into production and the development of service levels for applications services (both in-house and third party). The role will be heavily focussed on overseeing the creation and implementation of robust procedures, processes and tools for applications as well as the integration of new applications with the current estate, Business Intelligence and Database Administration.
This is a hands-on technical role, fully involved throughout development, transition and service delivery whilst managing a new team of Applications Analysts, BI and DBA. The role will lead the BI team in the design, development and timely delivery of high-quality BI content. Enable effective management of business-as-usual, strategic and innovation initiatives through a BI roadmap
- Act as the focal point in IT for all business applications.
- Overall owner of the application rationalisation project.
- Develop the roadmap for the use and enhancement of MIS and other core applications within the business.
- Recent and relevant experience of managing a team, ideally BI developers, report writers and data analysts.
- Experience of working as DBA or worked as a DBA as part of a wider role
- Experience of working in an ITIL environment.
- Experience of managing projects, programmes and service reviews.
- An excellent ability to communicate complex technical/database related issues to business colleagues.
- A high level of understanding and experience in tuning indexes and troubleshooting performance bottlenecks.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills across all organisation levels.
- A strong understanding of technical innovation in order to inform future business developments.
- A willingness to respond to challenging and changing environments in a co-operative, flexible, assertive and productive manner.
- An ability to handle pressurised situations and conflict in a calm and confident manner.
A high level of skills and experience and understanding of:
- Some or all of the following applications knowledge:
- MIS, DRS, 1st Touch, Serengeti, Open Accounts
- SSRS/SSIS/SSAS, Power BI, Data Warehousing and Crystal Reports.
- SQL Server skills (SQL 2005 to 2016)
- Designing and writing queries, stored procedures, functions and triggers.
- Creating, maintaining, and optimising stored procedures, database and ETL processes.
- Developing and implementing Workflow annotation (BPMN or UML)
- ‘Big data’ concepts and an appreciation of one or more analysis tools (R, Python, SAS)
- Developing and/or managing the development of applications and macros in the areas of Microsoft applications, VBA, Powershell and Web technologies/frameworks.
- Managing the resolution of reporting and application incidents or problems within agreed OLAs
The salary on offer for this position is £50,500.
Interested?! Send your up to date CV to Chris Butler at Crimson for review
Not interested?! Do you know anyone that might be? Refer a friend for this role to earn £250 worth of vouchers. http://info.crimson.co.uk/referafriend
Crimson are acting as an employment agency in regards to this vacancy
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.