Website Crimson Limited
IT Infrastructure Engineer – Active Directory/VMware – Coventry
Hosting / storage / infrastructure / support / vmware / AD / O365 / cloud / solutions
IT Infrastructure Engineer required for a leading manufacturing company based in Coventry to be responsible for responsible for providing specialist technical support and expertise across the companies Infrastructure and Cloud Environment covering hardware, technical systems software and cloud based technologies. You will be working across a broad range of technologies and liaising with multiple areas of the business to support, evaluate, build, deliver and maintain the provision of a performant and secure distributed Infrastructure environment. They will have a bias towards Active Directory and VMWare Technologies.
The ideal candidate for this role will have worked in a specialist infrastructure/support role previously and have a good understanding of hosting and storage technologies. In return for your skills the company offers the chance to work within a fantastic company who are using all the latest technologies along with working in their brand new luxury site in Coventry.
- Be responsible for maintaining and proactively managing the global portfolio of Hosting and Storage Solutions
- Provide Specialist level Incident and Problem management support.
- Perform problem identification and root cause analysis for complex issues.
- Perform regular health checks identifying and recommending any potential service improvements
- Participation and engagement in Projects/Service improvements impacting Infrastructure and Data Centre Services.
- Identification ownership and implementation of proactive maintenance plans including essential upgrades and software patches.
- Raising, reviewing and approval of Change Controls.
- Identify, investigate, update and resolve problem records.
- Ensuring the configuration management database is maintained.
- Ensuring that technology implemented is supportable and maintainable.
- To ensure hosting and storage supporting documentation is maintained in line with improvements and maintenance activities.
- Significant number of years’ experience in a specialist support/delivery role in a medium to large organisation, with significant technical delivery/support responsibility.
- Deep technical knowledge/specialism of the following technologies to “Expert” level:
- VMware Cloud Foundation/Storage/Server platforms
- Active directory and a multi domain environment
- Global Monitoring and Alerting
- Enterprise Cloud
- Backup, Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
- Day to day and Datacentre operations in the Platforms environment
- Global server/software obsolesce patching and security
- Experience of configuring, implementing, developing and supporting complex solutions with a value in excess of £1m.
- Experienced in impact analysis and technical risk assessment.
- Previous experience of budgetary and financial controls are desirable.
- Experienced in driving colleague/customer results through management of direct/indirect resources.
- Experienced in coaching, mentoring and guiding technical staff
- Fully conversant with ITIL principles and a thorough working knowledge of Incident, Change & Problem Management.
- Understanding of culture in its broadest sense and the diversity of a global organisation.
The salary my client is offering for this position is between £45,000 and £55,000 depending on experience.
Interested?! Send your up to date CV to Claire Ingram at Crimson for review
Not interested?! Do you know anyone that might be? Refer a friend for this role to earn £250 worth of vouchers.
Crimson are acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.