Website Crimson Limited
IT Network Engineer – IP Networking/IT Security – Birmingham City Centre
IT Network Engineer required for a global organisation based in Birmingham City Centre, where you will play a critical role in the provision of the enterprise network infrastructure. This is a hands-on technical position, which will also provide you with the opportunity to contribute to the architecture and delivery roadmap for network products and services.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in Network and Security technologies, as well as assisting in the support of enterprise LAN and WAN infrastructure.
Key Responsibilities of the role
- Responsibility for the support and maintenance of Network and Security products (Firewalls, Routers, Switches).
- Ownership of incident tickets, drive troubleshooting, service restoration and remediation.
- Contribute to the architecture and delivery roadmap for network products.
- Responsible for the management of the technical lifecycle for network services.
- Liaise with 3rdparty suppliers in the support of the LAN & WAN infrastructure.
- Understand and communicate technical solutions and designs to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
Key Skills of the role
- Technical experience installing, maintain and configuring enterprise class network switches and routers.
- Experience installing, maintain and configuring enterprise class firewalls.
- Demonstrable experience in IP Networking and IT Security.
- Strong knowledge of VLANs, NAT & DNS.
- Proven skills in network security, web application security and internet proxy solutions.
- Experience with VPN technology and network monitoring systems.
The salary for this position is up to £55,000 per annum, dependent on the experience, plus excellent benefits and company culture.
Interested?! Send your up to date CV to Ian Tittley at Crimson for review
Crimson are acting as an employment agency in regards to this vacancy
IT Network Engineer – Birmingham City Centre
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.