Website Crimson Limited
IT Security Analyst – SIEM/SOC – Birmingham City Centre
My leading client in Birmingham City Centre are looking for a IT Security Analyst to join their team. This is a fantastic opportunity to work with the Security Operations Manager, looking after the global security at my client.
* Provide security reviews of architecture for new projects.
* Continuously improve security within existing infrastructure.
* An excellent understanding of enterprise information security and in depth knowledge of standards including Cyber Essentials, ISO 27001, 27002 etc. and the General Data Protection Regulation.
* Knowledge of various types of malware, as well as a strong knowledge of infection vectors and indicators of an infection.
* Comprehensive knowledge of IDS/IPS principals.
* Comprehensive knowledge APT actors; their tools, techniques, and procedures.
* A good understanding of normal network infrastructure such as VPNs, firewalls, switches, routers, LANs etc.
* Knowledge of security tools highly desirable and security testing methods.
* Good understanding of security testing principles, including experience of penetration testing, identifying, resolving and reporting risks.
Skills and experience::
* Comprehensive experience including in-depth knowledge, in a security or risk management role.
* Technical security experience with the following – Microsoft core OS; Networking; Security operations; Penetration testing/Security Auditing; Forensics; Security architecture.
* Technical expertise of Cisco security products, specifically ASA firewalls, AnyConnect, VPN and clientless portal.
* Experience of formal document creation, such as the creation of reports or procedures.
* Experience of carrying out risk reviews, technology audits or other similar work.
* Experience of SIEM solutions and configuring detections and alerts.
This role would suit a SOC Analyst who is looking to make the step up into the Security Analyst/Specialist role.
My client is offering up to £40,000 for this position plus an excellent benefits package.
Interested?! Send your up to date CV to Matt Morris at Crimson for review.
Not interested?! Do you know anyone that might be? Refer a friend for this role to earn £250 worth of vouchers. https://info.crimson.co.uk/referafriend
Crimson are acting as an employment agency in regards to this vacancy
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.