Website Crimson Limited
MS SQL Database Administrator – Luton
MS SQL Database Administrator required for a leading client based in Luton, where you will be responsible for supporting the existing SQL servers and databases and plan and carry out improvements and upgrades.
Key responsibilities of the role
- Responsible for management, monitoring, administration, availability, security, performance and improvement of the SQL databases
- Responsible for implementation and release management of database changes according to agreed timescales and costs
- Ensures issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner. Preventative actions are recommended and implemented appropriately
- Ensure that our disaster recovery plans are regularly tested and up to date and ensure all database servers are backed up in a way that meets the Recovery Point Objectives (RPO)
Key Skills of the role
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and above and Microsoft Azure SQL Database (desirable)
- Skilled and experienced with SQL Server backup and recovery process and procedures
- Experience with scripting using Power shell
- Full understanding of SQL Server application installation and SQL clustering
- Experienced in designing, implementing and maintaining disaster recovery in an enterprise
The salary my client is offering for this position is between £45,000 – £50,000 per annum plus benefits.
Interested?! Send your up to date CV to Claire Ingram at Crimson for review
Not interested?! Do you know anyone that might be? Refer a friend for this role to earn £250 worth of vouchers. http://info.crimson.co.uk/referafriend
Crimson are acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.