Website Crimson Limited
Network Engineer – Cisco – Barnsley
Network Engineer required for an organisation based in Barnsley. Using your knowledge of IT best practice as defined by ITIL, you will own a specific set of IT services from both a technical and service perspective and ensure they are fit for purpose. You will be required to contribute towards Service Design activities and take ownership of Service Transition activities. Stakeholder management skills are key as you will work closely with internal and external suppliers and liaise with Project Managers and Business ITSM functions.
Initially, this role can be based in either Leeds or Sheffield, with your permanent base being Barnsley from Summer 2020. Travel will be required in this role therefore a valid driving licence is essential.
- Actively design and manage core Network Services
- Responsible for Core Network, Internet, Gateways, Firewalls, Load Balancers and other core network services
- Contribute to and undertaking design and engineering for areas of technology within Network and Security including: LAN, WAN, WLAN, VLAN, IP addressing, DNS, WINS, DHCP, QoS
- Contributing towards the overall design strategy for Network and Security technology
- Strong Core Network knowledge and excellent Cisco experience
- Experience of managing the full IT Service Management Lifecycle
- Knowledge of IT best practice, as stipulated by ITIL
- Experience of Service Design and transition aspects
- Strong stakeholder management skills and clear written and verbal communication.
Our client is offering £44,606 per annum for this position plus an excellent benefits package including 27 days annual leave (+ Bank Holidays), increasing with service.
Interested?! Send your up to date CV to Ellis Wood at Crimson for review
Not interested?! Do you know anyone that might be? Refer a friend for this role to earn £250 worth of vouchers. http://info.crimson.co.uk/referafriend
Crimson are acting as an employment agency in regards to this vacancy
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.