Website Crimson Limited
Senior IT Manager – 60-65k – Abingdon
Senior IT Manager required for a global company based in Abingdon to be responsible for to leading the continual development of internal business systems, processes, and documentation enabling improvements in all areas of the business, thus improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the business. This includes the development, support and maintenance of all digital equipment such as computer and servers from both a hardware and software perspective.
The ideal candidate will have worked within a Senior IT management role previously, be comfortable being hands on along with the ability to bring new strategic ideas to the table. Previous experience within a manufacturing background would be highly desirable.
- Engage with all Directors and Management to ensure internal change is correctly managed and implemented so bringing measurable benefits to business performance.
- Engage with all staff in a friendly and approachable manner to ensure internal customer feedback is freely welcomed and used to positively drive future change.
- Generate and present a long-term view of future potential improvements so helping to form a successful long-term strategy in support of business growth.
- Create and publish an improvement plan, showing current activity, future activity, resource levels and taking responsibility to delivery on-time against that approved plan.
- Provide clear, accurate costs of future improvements for both resource and equipment expenses allowing future budgets to be set in agreement with an implementation plan.
- Build and lead a strong internal team that continually collaborates with all staff and holds a position of trust that planned improvements are both delivered on-time and with improvements identified.
- Have a high level of understanding and awareness of all internal processes, supporting documentation and templates. Able to propose and implement managed change to any elements of these.
- Work pro-actively to gain process and technical knowledge of future improvements so informed decisions can be made.
- Directly manage the team in providing front line systems, hardware, and software support to all staff.
- Experience in an industrial design and manufacturing environment with responsibility for high level processes and systems
- Experience working with complex process and systems such as ERP and PLM.
- Good knowledge of developing process, databases, web content and supporting documentation in Google, MS Office or equivalent applications.
- Experience directly managing helpdesk staff or equivalent.
- Have a working commercial awareness related to projects and suppliers.
- Have an awareness of the importance of timescales vs budget hours and costs and be aware of the implications of project scope additions and variations. Be able to transfer this understanding to internal customers in the same regard.
- A high level of knowledge and ability using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Gmail, Google applications, large variety of proprietary databases and applications, PLM and CAD Systems (Dassault advantageous).
Salary: Between £60,000 and £65,000 per annum plus benefits.
How to apply
Send your up-to-date CV to Claire Ingram at Crimson for review.
Do you know anyone that might be interested in this role? Refer a friend for this role to earn £250 worth of vouchers.
Crimson is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy.
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.