Website Crimson Limited
Senior IT Project Manager – Technical – Home Based
Project management / business analyst / scrum / agile / technical / logistics / development / jira / software / stakeholder management
Senior IT Project Manager required for a leading logistics company based in the midlands to be responsible for definition, specification, planning, management, implementation, and execution of major projects in either the IT or business areas. They must ensure that projects are delivered on time, within budget and to a high level of quality.
The ideal candidate for this role will have worked as a Senior / Project Manager on Development based projects within an Agile/Scrum environment previously and be comfortable being hands on throughout the project lifecycle.
This role will be home based with travel required to UK based sites.
- Manage projects from initiation through delivery, managing scope, risk and ensuring completion of the project objectives to agreed timescales, budget constraints and quality standards.
- Ensure that projects are delivered on time, to budget and to the required quality specifications including managing the project’s scope and preventing scope creep unless agreed
- Produce business cases, project management plans and other project documentation keeping them updated with actual progress
- Evaluate project risks, develop contingency plans, and respond quickly to changes in risk as projects progress
- Collaborate with the development team leads to manage the scheduling of work for the team and co-ordinate a multi-application software release program
- Conduct scoping sessions with clients and users to gather requirements and produce change management documentation
- Where required produce technical and functional documentation for both existing and new systems
- Manage all levels of testing; including unit/system and user acceptance, both internally and with third parties
- Work with the development team leads to produce estimates for customer projects or change requests ensuring that costs are tracked, and do not exceed those approved
- Direct experience of designing, managing and implementing projects / systems and business change management processes including managing multiple concurrent projects & change requests
- Knowledge and experience of e-commerce, multi-channel retail, logistics or distribution in a multi-client or service provider environment including contact centres and/or contact management platforms.
- Experience with using software development & project management toolsets such as Jira, MS project
- Successful track record in delivering complex cross functional project budgets ensuring that costs are tracked and monitored and do not exceed the agreed budget.
- Experience of setting up, leading, motivating, and directing cross functional project teams including workshop facilitation techniques
- Experience or background in business analysis, system design, consultancy, configuration and testing.
- Experience with application integration and infrastructure projects.
- Software development experience in a commercial environment with modern technologies
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written in order to: communicate complex information clearly and concisely to individuals; influence internal and external stakeholders; and disseminate information appropriately through the company hierarchy.
The salary my client is offering for this position is between £52,000 and £57,000 depending on experience plus a company car allowance.
Interested?! Send your up to date CV to Claire Ingram at Crimson for review
Not interested?! Do you know anyone that might be? Refer a friend for this role to earn £250 worth of vouchers.
Crimson are acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.