Website Crimson Limited
Service Desk Team Lead – 1st Line – Remote
Service desk / SDA / 1st line / support / 2nd line / helpdesk / ITIL / O365 / Microsoft
Service Desk Team Lead required for a company based in West Bromwich to be responsible for the architecture, Infrastructure and delivery of IT Services to the company. The team has a number of functions including Service Desk, Service Delivery, Application Support, Infrastructure and Networks who are responsible for ensuring all requests are dealt with in a timely and professional manner.
The ideal candidate for this role will have worked in a Service Desk Team Leader or Manager role previously so will have experience leading teams. Knowledge of ITIL and a passion for providing quality service to users is essential for this role. In return the business offers remote working with the occasional day in the office for company meetings ect, along with the chance to work within a company that has helping people at its heart.
- Ensure all requests to the Service Desk are managed in a consistent and timely manner.
- Ensure Service Desk functions as a single point of contact for all customers.
- Adopt ITIL best practices for incident, request, change, problem, configuration and knowledge management.
- Ensure Major Incident Process is correctly followed and appropriate communications are issued to the business in a timely manner.
- Ensure Change Management Policy and Procedures are effectively applied.
- Proactively initiate, investigate and implement Service improvements.
- Produce regular statistics and management reports for Senior Managers against set KPIs/SLAs, including undertaking regular service reviews.
- Keep all ITIL service management systems up to date at all times.
- Develop and maintain user self-help resources and online documentation.
- Receive, take ownership, escalate and monitor Incidents, problems and service requests throughout their lifecycle using the IT service management tools.
- Work effectively as part of the Service Desk team and the wider ICT team.
- Provide leadership, support and guidance for all Service Desk analysts.
- Manage the team by setting and reviewing targets and objectives, monitoring performance, performing appraisals.
- ITIL Service Management Foundation Certificate or equivalent.
- Demonstrable experience of leading a Service Desk.
- Experience and knowledge of Incident, Problem and Change Management.
- Experience and knowledge of using service desk software and an understanding of service level management/ITIL.
- Experience of coaching and mentoring teams.
- A good understanding of formal service management frameworks including ITIL
- Knowledge of ICT hardware, software, desktop applications telephony and networks sufficient to manage the delivery of first line support.
- Motivational team leader with demonstrable experience of working with a team to deliver business solutions to fixed deadlines.
- Confident and effective negotiator with suppliers, internal service providers and customers.
- Ability to meet service level targets.
- Excellent communication skills including: written, oral and presentation skills.
- Able to develop the skills and competencies of others through coaching and training.
The salary my client is offering is between £35,000 and £37,000 per annum plus benefits.
Interested?! Send your up to date CV to Claire Ingram at Crimson for review
Not interested?! Do you know anyone that might be? Refer a friend for this role to earn £250 worth of vouchers.
Crimson are acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.