Website Crimson Limited
Software Test Analyst – Systems Integration – Derby
Test Analyst required for an organisation in Derby, close to the train station, that specialises in providing critical systems and data science led solutions within the transport industry. You will be working as part of the front and back end practitioners, designers, developers and QA’s to help employ best practices to test the organisations industry-leading systems within fast paced and flexible teams.
The ideal candidate will have strong software testing experience, preferably with complex systems, and will have knowledge of Agile and Test Driven development.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- Pre-planning and planning to identify appropriate test cases for user stories being developed
- Understand how different component interact with each other in a complex software and hardware architecture
- Delivering Quality Assurance governance across all test phases
- Identification and communication of data requirements to support testing
- Execution of tests in a manner that minimizes cost, time and undesirable impact
- Raising of issues, defects and observations to highlight errors in systems under test
- Retesting defect fixes and regression testing
- Communication of problems and issues to the project team in a timely manner and of a quality to ensure fixes are resolved and turned around in a short space of time
- Production of testing guides and documentation
- Identifying innovative solutions to solve complex test problem
Key Skills of the role:
- Experience with Agile and Test-Driven Development
- Understanding of software development lifecycles and software testing principle; test plans, test cycles and software releases
- Understanding of networking infrastructure
- Linux skills, including Bash scripting
- Interest in automation testing (tools such as Cucumber, Selenium)
- Experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Build and Continuous Deployment Practice, Tools and trends
- Resilient, positive coordinator, who is driven to solve business challenges with technology
- Ability to build strong rapport with a variety of stakeholders
- Capable of understanding complicated scenarios and drive appropriate technical response
- Flexibility to work across delivery streams
The salary for this position is flexible between £40,000 – £45,000 per annum, plus excellent benefits and fantastic company culture. If you are looking for a more senior position/higher salary, please apply to discuss these opportunities.
Interested?! Send your up to date CV to Kate Sadler at Crimson for review.
Crimson are acting as an employment agency in regards to this vacancy
Test Analyst – Systems Integration – Derby
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.