Website Crimson Limited
Test and Release Manager – IT Change – Manchester / Remote
Test and Release Manager required for a leading SME based in Manchester to be responsible for managing the Test and Release management function across the IT change portfolio. You will take ownership of our testing strategy with a focus on effective planning and communication, liaising with all key stakeholders across the business and the IT function. You will also be responsible for owning the release management process.
As the Test and Release Manager you will lead a team and co-ordinate the provision of test resources across projects. You will take responsibility for the testing team (mentoring and coaching junior team members). You will oversee test plans for projects to ensure successful outcomes from a QA and UAT perspective, as well as managing relationships and ensuring that testing is performed in a joined up consistent approach.
This role offers flexible remote working with some days in the Manchester office.
- Plan, monitor and control the Testing for all projects
- Develop a testing strategy that is suitable for projects and small change
- Provide accurate estimates on testing timeframes
- Maintain the Test environments so that they can support all testing
- Provide support across full SDLC
- Release management
- Provide line management support for the team
- Hold regular team meetings, and stand ups to share updates and to challenge progress
- Take a lead in incident management with the business.
- Take a lead in testing work streams where appropriate, liaising with both internal and external stakeholders
- Testing management skills
- Demonstrable problem solving and critical planning skills
- Line management skills
- Technical understanding of test environments
- Experience with release management principles
- Ability to be flexible with responsibilities
- Experience within a similar role within an e-commerce business
- Full SDLC experience
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously
- Adopt a pragmatic approach to testing
- Comfortable communicating progress at all levels
The salary my client is offering is between £50,000 and £60,000 per annum depending on experience.
Interested?! Send your up to date CV to Claire Ingram at Crimson for review
Not interested?! Do you know anyone that might be? Refer a friend for this role to earn £250 worth of vouchers.
Crimson are acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy
To apply for this job please visit www.aplitrak.com.